JATEC has been connecting communities for 35 years. Our focus at JATEC is to our customers whose sole purpose is to ‘enrich life through communication’. This is achieved with keen focus on our customers’ market challenges and needs, providing excellent communications network solutions and services in order to consistently create maximum value for customers.
We are always looking for candidates who demonstrate a high proficiency in maintenance and repair of all major network system components with minimal or no supervision and assists others in resolving complex and/or chronic problems. Also, we require individuals that demonstrate high proficiency in resolving most problems at Cell Sites and their associated components. The opportunity enables you to train others and give technical assistance when called upon, and may assume a 24 hour, on-call duty when assigned. Must maintain an acceptable driving record. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Join JATEC as a Tower Rigger and build your career today with an established and growing company. We are currently seeking to fill a number of positions for an immediate need for long term employment. This opportunity will allow for growth and development in the Wireless Communication Industry.
- Industry competitive hourly wages
- Overtime opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Climb and work on communications tower structures (100 feet or more with 50 lbs load) for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment with minimal supervision.
- Use and care for hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Complete required daily Job Safety Hazard Assessments.
- Install antennas, ground kits, RET systems.
- Troubleshoots RET systems.
- Run required lines to top of tower.
- Ground coax lines and build different sizes and types of connectors.
- Stacks tower steel and installs of sector mounts.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Follow instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Recognize safety hazards and performs duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry standards.
- Perform GPS antenna alignment.
- Complete closeout packages according to field requirements.
- Train other technicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Class 5 license and clean abstract.
- First Aid, Fall Protection, and Rescue training certifications.
- Knowledge of custom tower rigging techniques.
- Knowledgeable with the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of microwave dish and radio installations and path alignment.
- Proficient with installation of antennas, ground kits, RET systems.
Great communication skills both written and verbal.
Apply with your Indeed resume or send resume and cover letter to hr@ jatec.ca.